Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tomi Simco

As part of this blog, I want to add as many memories from as many people as possible. Some might overlap, and some might sound familiar, but it will still be something to remember in the future. I will try to connect everybody who inputs back to the Haluczik family so that as you are reading the stories, you will be able to visualize how you are related to the narrator of the story.

The following story was sent to me by Tomi Lynn Simco. Tomi is the only daughter of Philip, who is Sophia and John "Junior" Simco's oldest son. She is going to send me some pictures of the farm and family that she has. I will try to add some pictures I have also.

"I always wanted to hear some of these stories, but the only people that really thought I needed to hear some of them were grandpa (John Simco) and Uncle Paul. I don't remember being thought of as anymore than a small child asking silly questions. I always wanted to be able to see all the stuff in the house, but was never allowed. I was able to look through the barns somewhat, but I think I was too young to remember anything learned out there. [Karen]has told me a lot of the history, but I am gonna try to think of some stories for you. I do have good memories of being there in the summertime watching fireworks from the field across the street and catching fireflies! I also drove my first tractor there (on the hilly road, and I must say that was a little scary). The summer when my dad went up to help with the siding on the house, I was able to follow my dad through some of the barns and I also was able to go up to the attic at the house for the first time ever (I think I was 11 or 12), the only thing that really caught my eye up there was the old record player, (I can't think of what its called right now). We also went out past the creek, where I had never been allowed to go. While out in areas I had never been, my dad set up cans on a fence line for target practice."

No comments:

Post a Comment